Monday, February 13, 2017 -
Station 51 responded to building 62 on the NIH Campus for an electrical outage. Upon arrival crews found the feeder transformer had caught fire. Crews performed a search of the building and set up emergency lighting to evacuate the residence. Approximately 47 families had to be relocated for shelter until the building power was restored. Crews worked for several hours alongside other NIH agencies to mitigate the emergency.
NIH Building 62/62A is home to "The Children's Inn" Visit the link below to learn about this amazing building and service it provides.